The concepts of the Montessori approach to education are beautiful in their simplicity yet based on Dr. Maria Montessori’s scientific understandings of the relationship between human development, learning, and environment. Dr. Montessori developed a prepared environment carefully designed to support the child’s way of thinking and to assist their complete development.
In the Montessori classroom, you can find the following:
- Includes one AMS or AMI trained teacher
- Features a mixed age group
- Has an appropriate number of children to insure social development
- Is comprised of a 2 to 3-hour uninterrupted work cycle in the morning
- Has traditional Montessori curriculum materials throughout the classroom